Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Walk Downtown in Santa Fe

The Square, Downtown Santa Fe
 I went on a quick walk downtown and took a few pictures to share here with you.  These are two of the park benches on the square.  If you look closely, you'll see the pigeons walking around.  There are always many on the grassy areas.  A lot of tourists feed them popcorn and bread, and they've learned to gather frequently.  



I got this one to pose for me while I was taking shots.
Posing Pigeon
Hanging Baskets



These hanging baskets are gorgeous, filled to the brim with petunias.


Potentilla in Bloom

Potentilla Up Close

 I've always loved the beautiful yellow blossoms of Potentilla.  They don't last long, but are so pretty on their spindly green branches while they are open.  Then they all blow away.



This was a charming plea for rain, which some jerk decided to partially erase.  I had seen it the day before, and that is what prompted this little walk downtown, camera in hand.  I particularly wanted this.  Even though someone messed it up, I still liked it, so took shots anyway.  It had said "Pray for Rain".  The stones forming the word "for" were removed, as well as a little circle which reminded me of a medicine wheel.  The request worked, anyway.  We got rain the evening I took these pictures, though not a lot.  It was so welcome!


Elm  

This final picture is of some interesting growths on an elm tree.  It gave the trunk character, I thought, as though it was a gnarly old gremlin in a fairy tale.

Thanks for joining me on this brief walk around downtown!  I'll share more of my lovely city in the coming weeks and months.

As always, I appreciate your visits here, and your lovely comments. 

No comments: